This CCPA Notice for California Residents (“CCPA Notice”) applies to all residents who reside in the State of California (“Resident”). Landlord and Asset Living, the property management company engaged by Landlord, (“we” or “us”) adopt this CCPA Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this CCPA Notice.
This CCPA Notice explains how California residents can exercise their rights under the CCPA to request that we: (1) provide certain personal information that we have collected about them during the past 12 months, along with related information described below, or (2) delete certain personal information that we have collected from them.
The CCPA only applies to information about California residents.
Under the CCPA, “personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household. This information is referred to in this CCPA Notice as “Personal Data.”
Categories of Personal Data that We May Collect and Disclose
During the past 12 months, we may have collected the following categories of Personal Data:
- Personal unique identifiers, such as full name and federal or state issued identification numbers including Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number;
- Personal information, including contact details such as telephone number and address, financial information such as account number and balance, payment card details including credit and debit card numbers, as well as medical and health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classes or groups under state or federal law, such as sex or marital status;
- Professional or employment-related information; and,
- Education information.
During the past 12 months, we may have also disclosed the categories of Personal Data listed above for our business purposes. We have not, however, sold Personal Data that is subject to the CCPA’s sale limitations. The CCPA defines a “sale” as the disclosure of Personal Data for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Why We Collect Personal Data and How We Use It
We collect and use Personal Data to establish a landlord-tenant relationship and more specifically to qualify potential tenants for residency.
Sources of Personal Data
The sources from which we collect Personal Data depend on, among other things, our relationship or interaction with a specific California resident. Primarily, we collect Personal Data directly, or other individuals acting on their behalf, through physical (e.g., paper application), audible (e.g., phone), or electronic (e.g., website) sources.
We may also use public records or widely available sources, including information from the media, and other records and information that are made available by federal, state, or local government entities.
We may also use outside companies or organizations that provide data to support activities such as fraud prevention, underwriting, credit reporting and marketing.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Data
The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data depend on, among other things, our relationship or interaction with a specific California resident. At times, we may share Personal Data with our accountants, attorneys or government agencies to support regulatory and legal requirements.
Requests Under the CCPA
A California resident has the right to request that we:
Disclose to you the following information covering the 12-month period prior to your request (“Access Request”):
- The categories of Personal Data we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Data;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Data about you;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Data about you, and the categories of Personal Data disclosed;
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you; and
- Delete Personal Data we collected from you (“Deletion Request”).
If you are a California resident, a business may not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How to Exercise Your Rights
As a California resident, you can make an Access Request or a Deletion Request to Landlord and/or Asset Living. You should contact Landlord by telephone at 530-592-0594, email at [email protected], or by mail at 1200 Nord Avenue Chico, CA 95926. You should contact Asset Living by telephone at 713-782-5800, email at [email protected], or by mail at 945 Bunker Hill Rd, Floor 14, Houston, TX 77024.